Skip to main content

KRABI

Hello:) Since this is my first trip outside Malaysia with my friends and it leaves so much sweet memories to me, I am hoping to engrave everything here hoping someday when I get burned out doing my oncall, I'll scroll this page to reminisce all the good times. Also when I was there, some things are not told or maybe it was just me who did not do enough reading so I am hoping that what I'll write might helps.

DAY 1

Our flight to Krabi was at 0700. Since it was our first time travelling through international gate, we never knew there were two immigration stations before we have to walk like 10 km (!!!) to our gate. The buggy driver never gave me a ride before. Come on, young people get tired too! My stomach just finished churning all my McD pancakes & bitesize chicken wrap (I hate you stingy!) after 20 minutes walk. We went solat Subuh at surau beside the gate & finished nicely when people start queuing to board (I love it when it happened every time I went back to Kedah, time-management-wise, U go girl!)  We arrived after more than an hour flying. I hardly slept in any kind of ride but when I sleep, I sleep like a horse with mouth open and it did happened. Thank God I did not snore.

So we were greeted with Krabi's sunny morning. It was 0730 there (I guess). Posed for the immigration webcam (Urmm You can do better thailand but webcam makes my face looks flawless so I dont mind), went to buy simcard. We chose DTAC since they provide unlimited data with 3g OR 4g speed ( that or was suspicious) for 135 B for 5 days. Kimi's dad lend us his modem which you can insert the simcard and share with everyone (so nobody needs to sacrifice his battery for sharing his hotspot).

DON'T
Dont share the simcard. Buy one for 1 or maybe 2 users? The internet was super slow since 4 people were using it. Once I tried using it alone at the hotel (since everyone be using the the hotel wifi when we were there), whew normal speed. Or maybe you just dont need to buy it at all. Hotel's wifi was quite good and it's holiday! We dont need to share everything at every minutes to media social, arent we? We too were just using it when we were outside of the hotel.

So we waited for like 30 minutes just to kill time when one of the ladies from the counter approached us and offered us a van ride for 600 B. It was a normal price so we just took it and it turned the van was super cool & pretty and it was for VIP. I myself never rode in that fancy van when I came to Thailand before this. So yeay the ride was fun as the driver to let us to play our on songs. It took just 30 minutes before we arrived.

We kept our luggage at the lobby and went out for some walk as the room will only be available after 1100. We were staying at Jhotel, beside Aonang Smile, where you can find some of other Malaysian went to. We walked toward the beach and it was 100m (so near!) but there was only 2 (!) Muslim restaurants and stalls.


DONT
Dont pick your hotel based on its distance from the beach. Choose the areas with many muslim restaurants like Aonang mosque. Mind you there are two mosque in that area. Pick the one that is  nearer to the beach. You will walk more to eat than to the beach so yeah, thats what I learned.

Since only one of the restaurants was open, so without much choice we went in. I was afraid of the price range but let me tell you, you will be expecting 70 B & above for a meal in a Muslim restaurant for a fried rice. For any kind of dishes like curry or any seafood, it'll be 120 B and above. But you can  get a steamed fish for 250 B, not that expensive for me :)


And the meal was mehhh. I ordered some kind of fried rice and it was bland. Quite frustrating for my first meal there. and it was 70 B.

went for a walk again and found the right company for our tours.

7 islands: B (without national park fee)
jungle trekking: 850 B with national park fee
4 islands:  B ( without national park fee)

sorry I suck at this. But overall, all prices were still under budget.

DO
Compare prices. There were so many stalls offering packages. Dont rush and ask them to include lunch. the food was great and halal of course!

went back and ready for Krabi Night Market. Woohoo. It needs its own post!

EXPENSES
Flight ticket: RM 208 return
Van to hotel: 150 B
Hotel: RM 240++ (4 nights)
Packages: 200 B ++ (3 packages)


forced him to pose in front of the airport's clinic for an Instagram-worth pic but mehhh
 our cool van 
Aonang beach <3 p="">
us <3 p="">








Popular posts from this blog

im seventeen :) thanks for the wishes !!

 ERRR.. TERJUMPA DALAM INBOX SCREENED MESSAGE: LAST WISH:  PALING AWAL:

New girl in 'town' near kampung selamat; aloha aucms !

yeah, welcome to aucms. from the first activity we had,  it seem not a good choice to be here, well this is my first thought. seeing all my seniors getting ready for their next semester of their degree, snap their last picture at the uni. i thought to myself, it looks everybody else is leaving the world that i am about to enter. i feel so small being among them. well this about the story before aucms. as i am here now,  i just snap into reality. the journey just about to begin. how i can i already compare myself with my old senior. come on we are  years apart and they supposedly finish their degree right now. being in a totally different comunity compared to langkawi prepared to all possibilities. Lots of people lots of changes I am gonna face. Seniors. They are so fascinating to watch. Their fashions, lifestyle, attitude. It makes me realise. How we carry ourselves in the society show our personality. Stalking their fb. Seeing their social life. Thats his bf. Ohh...

let's get to work :D

FOUNDATION IN MEDICAL STUDIES Semester 1 ·          English I ·          Mathematics I ·          Basic Biology ·          Chemistry I ·          Physics I ·          Bahasa Kebangsaan A/B* Semester 2 ·          Ethic in the Health Profession ·          Basic Human Behavior & Psychology ·          Pengajian Islam ·          Pendidikan Moral ·          Chemistry II Semester 3 ·          English II ·          Mathematics II ·  ...